Step 5: Create a Bucket
Beginning in S3 Media Maestro version 3.0.0, you can now create buckets directly from the WordPress admin panel or from within the S3 Media Maestro modal. This article will outline how to create a bucket directly from the S3 Media Maestro Settings Page, the S3 Media Maestro shortcode builder modal, and also directly in the AWS S3 console.
Creating and setting the bucket in the S3 Media Maestro Settings Page
- Navigate to Settings→S3 Media Maestro (assuming you've already entered your S3 Access Key ID and the S3 Secret Key).
- If you don't already have an S3 Default Bucket set, you will need to click the Select a bucket button.
- Next click Create a new bucket
- Enter your bucket name and select a bucket region and click Save. That will generate and set your default bucket.
Creating and setting a bucket from the shortcode modal
- Once you've initiated a new page or post, add an S3 Media Maestro block.
- click the Add S3 / Cloudfront Media button.
Next select Video or Audio.
Depending on whether you selected audio or video in the previous step, your next selection will be to select your Video Source or Audio Source. In either scenario, be sure to select S3 Video or S3 Audio, respectively. In the example below, we will demonstrate selecting S3 Video.
Select the Change button.
Click Create a new bucket.
Enter your bucket name and select a bucket region and click Save. That will generate and set your default bucket.
***NOTE - Make sure the bucket name contains only lowercase letters, numbers, and dashes. Also make sure it starts and ends with a lowercase letter. Here is a link to Amazon's Bucket Restrictions.***