How to configure CloudFront
In S3 Media Maestro 4.0.0, CloudFront is fully integrated which makes it super easy to setup.
Configure CloudFront Settings
- Log into your Amazon Web Services (AWS) account
- On the upper right hand corner, click on your name and click My Security Credentials
- You may receive a notification giving you an option to Continue to security credentials or Get started with IAM users. Select the Continue to security credentials (you could tick the option to prevent this pop up from coming up in the future).
- Next Find the CloudFront Key Pairs section and click the plus symbol. Then click Create New Key Pair.
This step is very important, be sure not to skip this step. A pop up window will appear, click the Download Private Key File button. A file will then download, be sure to keep that file in a secure location. We will need this file in a later step.
Now that we have created our new key pair, we will need to configure S3 Media Maestro. Login to your WordPress site and navigate to Settings→S3 Media Maestro and click the Amazon: CloudFront tab.
Insert the Access Key ID from step 4 into the CloudFront Key Pair ID field in the S3 Media Maestro CloudFront settings.
Lastly you will need to obtain your Private Key from the file downloaded in step #5. Find the file that you downloaded and open it up in a text editor application. On Windows you can use something like NotePad, and on Mac you can use TextEdit. You will see a block of text that starts with -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- and ends with -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----. Copy ALL the text to your clipboard and place it into the CloudFront Private Key text area in the S3 Media Maestro CloudFront settings and click Save Settings.
Click Save Settings
Once you click Save Settings, the CloudFront distributions will begin to generate. It will take time to generate all distributions depending on how many buckets and how many objects are within the buckets.
A CloudFront distribution is created for each S3 bucket. Going forward, if a bucket is created from the S3 Media Maestro Settings page, a CloudFront distribution will be created.
Setting up IAM user for CloudFront
If you are using an IAM user's Access Keys, you will need to ensure that you apply the full access CloudFront policy to the IAM user.
To get started, login to the AWS console and navigate to the IAM Management page. Click on User
Next click on the Add Permissions button
- Click on Attach existing policies directly
- Type CloudFrontFullAccess in the search box
- Select the CloudFrontFullAccess policy checkbox
- Click the Next:Review button
Click the Add Permissions button